How can you contribute?
The MSiPS Biobank is continuously looking for suitable donor candidates. The participants are divided into three groups;
- participants with an MS diagnosis,
- siblings (of the MS participants) without an MS diagnosis,
- non-related participants without an MS diagnosis. Here, you can think your partner (preference), an acquaintance or a colleague.
We are currently especially looking for suitable participants with a primary progressive (PP) or secondary progressive (SP) course of MS.
If you participate, you are invited to come to the UMCG once for a sample of 5 small tubes of blood (28 ml in total). The blood sampling can only take place at the UMCG, because the blood samples must be processed immediately in the laboratory. Any travel expenses can be reimbursed.
Do you meet the conditions below? Then you can participate.
The following applies to all participants:
- You are between 18 and 65 years old.
- You are competent.
- You are able to visit the UMCG once for your participation.
- You have no history of malignancies (of the blood).
- You have not undergone any chemotherapy treatments.
For participants with an MS diagnosis:
- Your diagnosis was made at least 2 years ago.
- You have a brother or sister without an MS diagnosis who also can (and wants to) participate.
For non-related participants without an MS diagnosis:
- You do not have a parent with an MS diagnosis.
- You do not have a brother or sister with an MS diagnosis.
Are you interested and you want more information? Please fill in the interactive participation form (in Dutch). We will contact you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest.