The MSiPS Biobank offers research-grade human
iPS cell lines for scientific research focused on MS.
The iPS cell lines are generated via non-integrative reprogramming (episomal or Sendai) of peripheral mononuclear blood cells derived from blood samples of
- MS donors (relapsing-remitting, primary progressive or secondary progressive MS).
- siblings of the respective MS donors without an MS diagnosis.
- non-related donors without an MS diagnosis.
An overview of available cell lines can be sent on request (for contact information see below).
Keep the following in mind when applying for iPS cell lines stored at the MSiPS Biobank:
- The iPS cell lines have been generated on the basis of ‘informed consent’ from the donors. All iPS cell lines stored at the MSiPS Biobank are explicitly intended for future scientific research focused on MS.
- Both national and international academic researchers can request iPS cell lines for scientific research by means of a research application form. All applications are assessed by the MSiPS Biobank steering committee before the cell lines can be issued.
- Costs are charged per cell line.
- All iPS cell lines are mycoplasma-free, have been karyotyped, and have been tested for pluripotent markers by flow cytometry. Further characterization (embryoid body formation and immunocytochemistry for lineage markers) can be performed upon request at extra costs.
- Applications from outside the UMCG can only be granted subject to a Material (and Data) Transfer Agreement.
For more information about the iPS cell lines and/or the research application form please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest.